All SCCU Deposit Accounts are Insured up to $250,000 by NCUA
Prime Share Account
With a $25 deposit, the Prime Share account establishes membership with Scenic Community CU. There is no service charge for this share/savings account and your balance earns a competitive dividend rate. The Scenic Community CU ATM card can be used to make deposits and/or surcharge-free withdrawals at thousands of participating CO-OP ATMs (go to www.co-opfs.org for a current listing). The minimum balance requirement for the Prime Share account is $25.
Share Draft/Checking Account
Enjoy the benefits of a share draft/checking account!
- FREE Online Services Click Here to start the enrollment process
- FREE bill pay transactions
- FREE Visa Debit card
- FREE ATM withdrawals at all Scenic Community CU locations
- FREE ATM withdrawals at thousands of CO-OP ATMs nationwide www.co-opfs.org
- 12 FREE Starter Checks with a $25 deposit to a new Share Draft account
- DIVIDENDS paid monthly
- NO monthly service charge
- NO minimum balance requirement
- NO LIMIT on number of checks written
- COURTESY PAY with Direct Deposit of $300 monthly
- PREAPPROVED Overdraft Protection Loans available upon qualification
Money Manager Account
Special Savings Account
The Special Savings account pays the same dividend rate as you receive on your Prime Share account, but there is no minimum balance requirement. The Special Savings account is a good way to keep a "rainy day" fund, save for a vacation, taxes, insurance, etc. There is no limit on the number of withdrawals that can be made from this account. Use payroll deduction - and watch your savings grow even more!
Christmas Club Account
Use the Christmas Club account to keep your budget on track during the holidays! This account works just like the Special Savings - no minimum balance and no limit on withdrawals. The Christmas Club earns the same dividends as the Prime Share account.
Share Certificate Accounts
Share Certificates are perfect for members who want to maximize their earnings by investing for a determined period of time - from 3 months to 3 years. Our Share Certificates offer high yield returns and total security. For accounts less than two years, the minimum deposit and balance is $2,500. For accounts of two years or more, the minimum deposit and balance is $500.
IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts)
Whether you are starting to save for retirement, receiving a pension plan payout, planning to retire soon, or saving for a child's higher education, a Scenic Community CU IRA can help you reach your goals. Scenic Community CU offers three types of IRAs:
- Traditional IRA
- Roth IRA
- Coverdall Education IRA
The above IRA accounts can be invested in one of the following types:
- Requires initial deposit of $25
- Additional deposits may be made at any time
- Variable dividend rate
- No maturity date
IRA Share Certificate Account
- Conditions are the same as with regular Share Certificate Accounts
Tax Information Notice for your IRA
- The IRA Fair Market Value is the total of all of your IRA accounts with
Consult with your tax advisor if unsure whether you qualify for an IRA.