Whether you're buying your first home or looking to invest, we can help you get there.
SCCU offers various types of mortgage loans, including fixed-rate and adjustable-rate loans. Call one of our mortgage experts at (423) 875-6955 to discuss the mortgage loan that would be best for you, or talk to a loan officer in person at your closest branch.
In addition to visiting a branch, current SCCU members can also choose to apply for a mortgage online. We recommend speaking to a loan officer before you apply, even if you're planning to apply online, to make sure you're applying for the loan that's right for you. (If you do not currently have SCCU accounts, you can start the process online or apply in person at your closest branch.)
Mortgage Application Resources
Home buying can be complicated, but you don't have to do it alone. Here are some resources to help you prepare:
- GreenPath Housing Services. Our partners at GreenPath Financial Wellness can help you navigate the home-buying process and make informed decisions. You can look through their online resources, or talk to a Certified Financial Counselor for personalized advice.
- Mortgage Shopping Toolkit. This downloadable PDF from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau walks you through the home buying process, from preparing for a mortgage to taking care of your home after move-in.
Home Equity Line of Credit
Have you been thinking of renovating your home, going back to school, or paying down high-interest debt? If so, a Home Equity Line of Credit, or HELOC, could be just the right tool for the job. HELOCs use the equity in your home to give you a set amount of money you can draw from, and an interest-only payment option is available upon qualification. Interested? Talk to a loan officer today at (423) 875-6955 or visit your closest branch.
More About Our HELOC*:
- Revolving line of credit with no interest paid until the funds are accessed
- Borrow up to $250,000 ($15,000 minimum line)
- No closing cost option
- 5-year draw period, with a 15-year repayment term
- Flexible repayment options and competitive, discounted rates for qualified members
- Loan-to-value up to 90% of your home's appraised value
- Easy access to funds - talk to your loan officer about access options
- No annual fee, no application fee, and no prepayment penalty
- Quick, local decisions and closings
- Rates change only four times per year
- Interest may be tax-deductible**
Talk to a loan officer about our HELOC today by calling (423) 875-6955, apply at your closest branch, or talk to a GreenPath financial counselor to see if a HELOC would be right for you.
*Restrictions apply. Rate and terms based on credit score and subject to change. Maximum APR not to exceed 18% or maximum allowed by law. Total loan-to-value not to exceed 90% of the subject property’s appraised value. See a loan officer for full details.
**Consult a tax advisor.
Other Property Loans
SCCU also offers other types of property loans, including those listed below. Please contact one of our loan officers to apply.
- Unimproved Property Loan
- Investment Property Loan
Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registered Employees:
All loan rates and terms are subject to change without notice. Loan rates and terms will vary depending on the strength of the member's credit, and term selected. Actual rates could vary. Ask the credit union for the rate for which you qualify.