Join the credit union movement!
Teller/Customer Service Representative
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cash Handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Banking: 1 year (Preferred)
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
- Provide professional member service, which includes, but is not limited to: performing accurate transactions, greeting members, smiling and thanking each member for his or her business.
- Refer members to other team members and specialists as needed.
- Handles all phases of teller transactions including but not limited to checking, savings, loans. Accepts cash and checks for deposit, cash checks and savings withdrawals, process loan payments, transfers funds between accounts, issue money orders, gift and travel cards and process cash advances.
- Provide knowledge of available products and help with financial solutions
- Prepare individual daily balance of teller transactions as well as other reports as necessary.
- Open new accounts
- Be able to help members over the phone and at local kiosk.
- SCCU uses a third-party company to provide an employment credit check on job candidates. The credit report will be used in the hiring decision.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Multiple locations
COMMUNICATION METHODS USED
- In person
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with management teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record customer information within our customer service database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company's customer service policies
- Other duties as requested
This job is ideal for someone who is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
We advance financial peace of mind within our community.