Whether you are starting to save for retirement, receiving a pension plan payout, planning to retire soon, or saving for a child's higher education, a Scenic Community Credit Union IRA can help you reach your goals.
With a Traditional IRA, your contributions are tax-deferred (depending on your eligibility), meaning you won't pay taxes on your savings until you withdraw. If you are eligible to take a distribution from your employer-sponsored retirement plan, you may be able to roll it over to a Traditional IRA.
A Traditional IRA may be a good choice if you:
- are eligible for a Traditional IRA deduction,
- are not eligible to contribute to a Roth IRA,
- anticipate a higher tax rate while saving,
- anticipate a lower tax rate during retirement,
- are interested in taking required minimum distribution (RMD) amounts during retirement, or
- are not concerned about tax savings for beneficiaries.
Remember to always consult your tax advisor before opening an IRA.
With a Roth IRA, contributions are not tax deductible, but qualified distributions are tax-free, if you satisfy the requirements.
A Roth IRA may be a good choice if you:
- are not eligible for a Traditional IRA deduction,
- anticipate a lower tax rate while saving,
- anticipate a higher tax rate during retirement,
- want to avoid required minimum distributions (RMDs),
- are concerned about tax savings for beneficiaries, or
- are not eligible to contribute to a Traditional IRA because of the age limit.
Coverdell Education IRA
Opening An IRA With SCCU
- Requires initial deposit of $25
- Additional deposits may be made at any time
- Variable dividend rate
- No maturity date
IRA Share Certificate Account
The IRA Fair Market Value is the total of all of your IRA accounts with SCCU. Consult with your tax advisor if unsure whether you qualify for an IRA.