Rates current as of September 17, 2019.
|$25.00 to $9,999.99||0.20%||0.20%|
|$10,000.00 and over||0.25%||0.25%|
|Basic Share Draft||0.00%||0.00%|
|Member Plus Share Draft||0.10%||0.10%|
|Member SelectTM Share Draft||0.15%||0.15%|
Daily Money Manager (Variable)
|$2,500.00 to $9,999.99||0.75%||0.75%|
|$10,000.00 to $24,999.99||0.80%||0.80%|
|$25,000.00 to $74,999.99||0.85%||0.85%|
|$75,000.00 and over||0.95%||0.95%|
|Accumulative IRA (Variable)|
|up to $9,999.99||0.85%||0.85%|
|$10,000.00 to $24,999.99||0.90%||0.90%|
|$25,000.00 to $74,999.99||0.95%||0.95%|
|$75,000.00 and over||1.04%||1.05%|
|24 to 30 Months||1.89%||1.90%|
Truth in Savings: Deposit Wisely
Not all savings accounts are created equal. Account fees, dividend/interest rates, and services may vary from one institution to another. But comparing accounts is possible thanks to Truth in Savings (TIS) legislation, which requires financial institutions to disclose all account terms and conditions. And that includes fees, minimum balance requirements, and annual percentage yield (APY) - information you need to start shopping.
- What is the minimum balance required to earn dividends/interest?
- Are tiered rates offered? (Tiered rates apply to different balance amounts. For example, balances up to $10,000 or less may earn 1.00% and balances more than $10,000 may earn 1.25%.)
- When does your money start earning dividends or interest? (If an institution pays the day you deposit money into your account, you're earning on your ledger balance. If it waits until a deposited share draft or check clears before it starts paying, you're earning on your collected balance.)
- How often is the interest compounded? (Accounts commonly compound on a quarterly or monthly basis.)
- Is there a charge if your balance falls below a required minimum?
- Is there a fee for closing the savings account soon after it's opened?
- Is there a monthly maintenance fee?