We all have dreams and goals we want to achieve! Maybe you want to start an emergency fund, get a new car or home, go back to school, or just take a nice vacation. From February 22 through February 26, 2021, hundreds of people just like you nationwide will pledge to save for their dreams. Take the America Saves Pledge below to join in, and request to join the #ThinkLikeaSaver Facebook group. When you do, you'll be entered to win up to $500!
Take the Pledge
Here’s what we know: saving automatically is the easiest and most effective way to save. Whether saving for an emergency fund, education expenses, retirement or all things in between, by saving automatically you put yourself in the best possible position to reach your goal.
SCCU can help you save automatically. Set up an automatic transfer from your checking to your savings by visiting your closest branch, or if you use Online Banking, sign in and follow the steps below:
- Sign into your Online Banking account. On the gray menu bar, hover over Transfers and click New.
- Select the account you want to transfer funds from.
- Select the account you want to transfer funds to.
- Type in how much you want to transfer.
- Under Frequency, select how often you want to transfer funds.
- Select the dates you want the transfer to go through and select a stop date if desired.
- Click Submit, then verify your choices. Click Confirm.
Save to Retire
Preparing for retirement can easily be pushed into the “someday” category, as we focus on present needs and expenses. In fact, very few Americans have a plan for retirement savings that is adequate for their desired standard of living after they retire. That doesn't have to be you! SCCU can help you save for retirement. See if one of IRA options is right for you.
Save as a Family
The best way to teach great money habits to our children is to model great money habits. Check out our resources for kids and teens, or open a savings account for your child. Depositing a portion of your child's allowance is a great way to teach them about saving and get them in the habit of it.